Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

His Dream Is Tapped

| Romantic | May 7, 2015

(My boyfriend got me into Magic: The Gathering. He and I hadve just crawled into bed after spending a few hours digging through his cards and mine, building me a new deck and testing it against some of his decks. We’re snuggled together and I’m starting to fall asleep when he jerks away.)

Me: *groggily* “Babe? What’s wrong?”

Boyfriend: *loudly* “No, don’t put that one in it! Put this one in it! Just one more of this one will make it perfect!”

Me: *confused* “Don’t put what where? One more of what?”

Boyfriend: *exasperated* “Don’t put Spirit Loop in your deck! You only have one of it! The likelihood that you’ll draw it is very slim!”

(I clamp my hand over my mouth and nearly choke on my laughter. We had previously discussed that card being one of several placeholders until I could get the ones I needed.)

Me: *giggling* “So, what was it that I should put in it again?”

Boyfriend: *sighs* “Put one more Chief of the Scale in your deck and it will be nearly perfect. It’d be better if we could get you some Path To Exile.”

Me: *pats him on the shoulder* “Okay, babe. Good to know. Can we sleep now?”

Boyfriend: “Sure!”

(He snuggled up to me again and promptly fell asleep. He laughed the next morning when I told him he was talking about Magic in his sleep.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!