Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Schadenfreude Sale

| Right | January 24, 2013

(It is during the middle of a renovation at my work, but we have stayed open during the remodel. This makes for some bad organization and mistakes concerning where certain items go.)

(My coworker rings up a seemingly nice woman for an obviously expensive looking item for scrap-booking.)

Coworker: “You’re total is [amount].”

Customer: “Um, that isn’t right. I got this from the $1 sale bin.”

Coworker: “I am so sorry. See we are going through a renovation. This item must be put there by mistake.”

Customer: “Well it was there, so I should get it for a dollar.”

(My coworker gets our manager.)

Manager: “Yes, I am sorry ma’am, but unfortunately, we cannot give you this expensive of an item for a dollar.”

Customer: “BUT IT WAS IN THE SALE BIN!”

Manager: “I realize that. But we are all human and mistakes happen. If you would like to purchase it for full price that would be fine.”

(The customer makes a huge scene and yells obscenities at both the manager and co-worker. Oddly enough, she decides to buy the item anyway.)

Coworker: *perfectly normal, non-emotional voice* “Okay, that’ll be [amount].”

Customer: “WELL DON’T ACT SO HAPPY ABOUT IT! YOU FORCED ME TO BUY IT!” *leaves in a huff*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!