Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Princess Is A Royal Pain

, , , , , | Right | March 31, 2009

(A woman comes up to my counter in the clothing store I work in. She has a very distressed look on her face.)

Me: “How can I help you this morning?”

Customer: “What is this red sticker on the tag of this dress?”

Me: “That is a clearance sticker. That dress is 40% off.”

Customer: “But I was here yesterday and it wasn’t on clearance! I’ve been eying that dress for weeks!”

Me: “Well, today is your lucky day; it went on clearance this morning.”

Customer: “I can’t buy it on clearance. Can you take that red sticker off the tag?”

Me: “Are you going to buy this dress?”

Customer: “I’m going to buy it once you take off that red tag. I don’t want to pay the clearance price.”

Me: “Even if I remove the sticker the register will still ring it up at clearance price.”

Customer: “Do I look like I’m the type to buy a dress on clearance?” *holds the dress up dramatically*

Me: “Are you planning on buying this dress?”

Customer: “Are you planning on taking off that red sticker?”

Me: “Not until you pay for it.”

Customer: “You don’t understand my world.”

(She left the dress on the counter and walked out of the store.)


This story is part of the snobby customers roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!