Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Greater Of Two Evils

, , , | Right | June 24, 2009

(A customer with a small child comes into our video game store and slams The Sims 2 down on the counter angrily.)

Customer: “Someone bought my son this game for his birthday. It’s completely unsuitable! Far too many adult themes!”

Me: “Well, provided you have the receipt, you can exchange it for a more suitable game if you’d like.”

Customer: “Okay, can you show me some games my son would like? Remember, he is only eight!”

Me: “Sure…”

(I show her a variety of games that would be fine for that age group.)

Customer: “What about this one?” *points to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas*

Customer’s Kid: “Yeah, mum! I want that one!”

Me: “Erm… I wouldn’t say that is a suitable replacement really…”

Customer: “Why not?”

Me: “Well, it’s about crime, and there are a lot of adult themes.”

Customer: “But you can have sex and children in The Sims!”

(I tried to convince her otherwise, but in the end she ended up buying GTA for her kid.)


This story is included in our Videogame Store roundup.

Click here to go to the next story!

Click here to go to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!