Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Good, The Bad, And The Single Minded

, , , , , | Right | July 15, 2008

(A non-profit organization asked our company to write a proposal for a website design. I present our proposal to a group of about 15 people, including the president of the organization.)

Me: “When you want to add a new page to the website, you can type it here. If you want, the system can send new content to someone in your organization for review before it goes live.”

Client: “Can you give me an example of when we would do this?”

Me: “Well, if you want, you can have your legal people review the new text before it goes up on the site, so, you know… you don’t get sued because of–”

President: “Sued?! Who’s suing us? I don’t want to get sued!”

Me: “No, I’m just saying your legal people could review any changes to the site–”

President: “This guy is telling me we could be sued! I don’t like this!”

Me: “No, it’s so you WOULDN’T be sued. But that’s just an example. It’s just if someone wants to read the content before–”

President: “I do not like the sound of this at all.”

(We didn’t get the job.)


This story is part of the Artists-Versus-Clients roundup!

Read the next Artists-Versus-Clients roundup story!

Read the Artists-Versus-Clients roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!