Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Forging A New Relationship

| Romantic | August 28, 2012

(I have just signed up for two classes at my local community college. I go to the first class, Blacksmithing. There is one girl in the class other than the teacher’s assistant, so we end up working together. At my next class, Fiction Writing, I see the same girl I worked with a few days earlier and decide to sit at the same table. I am 6’8″, with naturally red hair and a beard, so I’m not exactly a master ninja.)

Me: “Hey!”

Girl: “Hi.”

(She looks at me slightly funny, but doesn’t say much else for a while. After a chunk of time in the class, the girl suddenly looks at me with surprise.)

Girl: “Wait, you were in blacksmithing, weren’t you?”

Me: “Yeah, we worked on the same forge.”

Girl: “Oh! I didn’t recognize you at first.”

(We talk for a while during class and ended up exchanging Skype information to chat outside of class. I get her address, and on Saturday I pick her up and we head to the mall for a couple of hours and then we part ways. The following Sunday, which is also Valentine’s Day, we’re in a group chat on Skype.)

Friend #1: “Happy singles awareness day!”

(After about an hour of them teasing the girl, I get a message from her in a separate window.)

Girl: “Maybe you should hold off on telling your friends about us until the others shut up, lol.”

(It is at this point I realize that I had been asked out by the girl, but had been completely oblivious! We have a good laugh about it, and we have been dating for over two and a half years.)


This story is part of our Valentine’s Day roundup!

Read the next Valentine’s Day roundup story!

Read the Valentine’s Day roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!