Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Case Of The Missing Pi

, , , , | Right | August 15, 2011

(While the children are playing in our play rooms, I set up the room where they eat and open presents. I put a piece of pizza on each plate so that the kids can start eating as soon as they come in, as they are only allowed a certain amount of time.)

Mother: “I ordered five boxes of pizza, but there are only four there.”

Me: “That’s because I already used one box of pizza when I put a piece on each plate.”

Mother: “Well, what happened to it? I want another box of pizza.”

Me: “I put the empty box in the trash can, but I assure you that there were five full boxes to begin with.”

Mother: “No! I want another box of pizza for free! I can’t believe you would try to trick me!”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m absolutely not trying to trick you. If you want, we can certainly order you another pizza, but unfortunately it won’t get here for another 30 minutes.”

Mother: “This is absurd! I want to talk to your manager!”

(Our manager then tries to explain to the mother that she did, in fact, get five pizzas, but she won’t believe him. A couple weeks later, we receive an electronic survey from her, where she again accused us of “stealing her pizza”.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!