Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sculpting Young Minds

, , | Hopeless | December 13, 2016

I am working in the museum’s visitor’s center, which is mainly a place for visitors to get some background information about the museum and to use the bathroom.

A mother and her young daughter come in and my coworker starts telling the mother the museum’s history, which her daughter is unsurprisingly not at all interested in. I go over and start talking to the daughter, showing her where we are on the map and the “guess the texture” station. We then go into the next room where there are some (quite frankly, bizarre) sculptures by a local artist. I explain what they are as best I can and agree with the little girl that one of them looked like a chocolate cake.

When the mother is finally free from my coworker, she comes to collect her daughter who then gives me a hug. I saw them later as they were leaving the museum and the little girl gave me some “art,” which was mostly a couple pieces of paper glued together in a zig-zag shape. I’m glad that I was able to make the little girl feel welcome, and I still have the artwork!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!