Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Take No Account Of This One

, , , | Right | June 29, 2011

Caller: “Are you going out of business?”

Me: “No, ma’am. But we are just about to merge with another large bank. Maybe that’s what you’re referring to?”

Caller: “No, no. I need to know, are you going out of business? Is [Bank] going bankrupt? Because if so, I need to take all my money out before that happens!”

Me: “I can assure you, ma’am, we’re not. [Bank] is actually doing very well at the moment. Can I ask what gave you that impression?”

Caller: “I went to withdraw funds at your ATM late last night, and it said I couldn’t get any money!”

Me: “Oh wait, the ATM in our drive-thru? That ATM actually did run out of money last night, but we refilled it this morning.”

Caller: “I knew it! You are running out of money! I need to come in and close my accounts right away!”

Me: “I think you misunderstood. We had an unusual amount of withdrawals at that ATM last night, so it ran out of $20s to give out. The bank itself is fine.”

Caller: “You can’t backtrack and fool me! I’m coming in later today to speak with your manager and close out all of my accounts!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!