Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Take It Or Leave It

, , , , , | Right | February 28, 2012

(When I do nails, I am required to ask the customer if they like the nail design after doing the first nail before moving onto the rest. This particular customer says she is satisfied. However, when I’m about to finish the last one, she complains.)

Customer: “Ugh, this is just so ugly. I can’t believe you’re making me pay for this. I refuse to pay for something so ugly.”

Me: “Ma’am, I asked you if you were okay with the design after I attached the first. Why didn’t you say that you didn’t like it then?”

Customer: “Well, I thought I would like it once they were all on, but this is just too hideous!”

Store Owner: *walks over and starts removing the fake nails*

Customer: “What are you doing?!”

Store Owner: “You said you didn’t like it and that you refuse to pay for it. We can’t let you walk out of the store with something you didn’t pay for.”

Customer: “I was just joking! I was going to pay for it! I’ll pay for it!”

Store Owner: “No. You said you didn’t like it and that you thought it was hideous. We can’t let you leave the store with something we can’t be proud of.”

(The store owner was completely serious: she removed every single one of the fake nails I attached before the customer could leave.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!