Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sustenance In The Wilderness

, , , | Right | January 27, 2009

(Our store is near the university campus, right next to the dorms. I received an odd call one day.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Gas Station]. How can I help you?”

Caller: “Yes, my daughter lives in the dorms right next to you, and I was wondering what your store is.”

Me: “It’s a gas station, and inside there’s a convenience store with soda, snacks, stuff like that.”

Caller: “Is it a grocery store?”

Me: “No… it’s a gas station and convenience store. We have chips, candy, etc. We have a fountain with soda, and also coffee.”

Caller: “So, it’s a grocery store?”

Me: “No… we don’t have grocery products. We have a SMALL supply of cheap toilet paper, milk, and tampons. I doubt your daughter would come here for anything except the ATM and coffee, or gas if she drives.”

Caller: “Well, I want to make sure my daughter will be okay. What kind of store is it?”

Me: *starting to get annoyed* “It’s a gas station. There are pumps in the front to get gas at. We also have snacks. It’s a convenience store and a gas station.”

Caller: “I don’t understand. She’s away at college and I don’t know if she’ll be okay.”

Me: “Ma’am, she’ll be fine. Have a nice day, goodbye.” *hanging up*

(A few minutes later, a skinny blond girl enters the store.)

Girl: *talking on her cell phone* “Yeah, Mom, they have coffee, soda, gum, chips, and an ATM… It’s a convenience store, Mom. Yes, they sell gas; there are pumps outside!”

Me: *headdesk*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!