Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Almost Convinced You

| Friendly | May 25, 2016

(On my way to my university, I leave a train, and head to the ticket check. While I’m moving, I hear someone calling out behind me. I move forward, ignoring him, until…)

Stranger: “Hey! Hey!”

(He shakes my hand, and I realise he was calling out for me.)

Stranger: “You don’t know me, but I’ve got to say, I love your hair. It reminds me of this band, this guy, in The Almost, see?”

(He shows me his phone, showing this “Almost” thing and a guitarist who sort-of looks like me, if you squint.)

Stranger: “You should listen to his band. Do you like it? It’s a good song. What sort of music do you listen to?”

(I’m normally quiet, and I can’t think of what to say… especially since my taste in music is very non-conventional.)

Stranger: “Do you like rock?”

Me: “Uh… maybe?”

(I mean, I like music that sometimes is rock?)

Stranger: “You should check out this song. The band’s called The Almost, and the song is [Name]. Anyway, I know you don’t know me, but I love your hair. I’ve got to go now. See you!”

(He shook my hand again, and he finally walked off, just in time for my bus to arrive and for me to start my next leg of the journey, in the opposite direction of his.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!