Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Stupidity You Can Bank On

, , , , | Right | January 12, 2010

Me: “Hello, this is [Bank]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Yeah, I deposited money through your ATM yesterday and it still isn’t showing up in my account.”

Me: “Okay, sir, can I just get the card number from the ATM card that you used to make the deposit.”

Customer: “I didn’t use a card.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, I might have misunderstood. Did you make your deposit into the ATM or the night drop box?”

Customer: “No, I put it into your machine but I didn’t use a card. I didn’t need one.”

Me: “Sir, I still don’t understand how you could have made your deposit into the ATM without using a card. Could you please describe the steps you went through?”

Customer: “I drove up to the machine, filled out an envelope, and stuffed it into the little door that said deposit, but I didn’t use no card.”

Me: “Sir, the deposit door on the machine will not open without a card. How exactly did you put the envelope in?”

Customer: “Whoever designed those machines is a freaking moron. I couldn’t figure out how to open the little door so I got my pocket knife out and pried the door open. Then I stuffed the envelope with my deposit in there as best I could and drove away!”


This story is part of the Ignorant About Money roundup!

Read the next Ignorant About Money roundup story!

Read the Ignorant About Money roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!