Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sticking It To Sticklers For Stickers

| Right | October 11, 2012

(I’m a supermarket cashier and have 5 minutes left on my shift. I therefore put my “Closed” sign up as I finish with my current customers. However, a customer walks right past the sign and starts putting his items on the belt. Seeing as he only has a few items, I let it slide and serve him.)

Me: “How are you today, sir?”

Customer: “Fine…”

Me: *begins ringing up his items*

Customer: “Hey, my bread is supposed to be 50% off! It rang up full price!”

(The customer shows me the pink “Reduction” sticker our store uses to discount certain items. This sticker was on the bottom of his bread.)

Me: “Oh! No worries, sir. It’s an easy fix! Sorry about that.”

(I proceed to void the bread, hit the “Reduction” key on my register, and then scan the bread again.)

Customer: “How can you be a cashier if you’re going to miss obvious things like that! You shouldn’t be in the customer service industry if you’re going to be friggin’ oblivious! Gah, this is why I hate this store!”

Me: “Sir… I’m only human. Human beings make mistakes and miss things sometimes, just like you missed my closed sign when you walked up to my cash. I, however, didn’t bother calling you out on it. Your total is $11.03.”

Customer: *sheepishly looks at my sign* “…Debit.”

Me: *big smile* “Have a WONDERFUL evening, sir.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!