Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Points

, , , , | Right | March 21, 2012

(A customer approaches my register with a few items. While talking loudly with her friend, she smiles at me briefly but does not acknowledge me through the rest of the transaction. She is speaking loudly and popping her gum.)

Me: “Did you find everything all right?”

Customer: *nods at me and continues talking*

Me: “Would you like to use a [savings] card today?”

Customer: *continues talking on the phone*

Me: “Did you have any coupons today?”

Customer: *completely ignoring me at this point*

Me: “If you don’t have any coupons, your total will be [$$]. Are you using cash or card today?”

Customer: *turns and slides her card*

(I prompt through the card and wait a few seconds to see if she will sign the screen.)

Me: “Excuse me, ma’am, you need to sign the screen to verify your purchase.”

Customer: “Well, okay.” *signs screen and keeps talking to her friend*

(The receipt prints and I hand the customer her bag and the receipt.)

Me: “Have a nice day!”

(I continue to the next customer, who is actually acknowledging me and talking to me. Meanwhile, the previous customer has finally stopped talking with her friend and is reading receipt.)

Customer: “Wait a minute! I had coupons for these! Why didn’t I get a discount? And I have a [savings] card! Why didn’t I get any points?”

Me: “Excuse me, but I asked if you have any coupons and you didn’t answer. I’m sorry… if you go up to customer service they can give you a refund and get you your points.”

Customer: *getting angry* “But I had the coupons in my hand! You should’ve seen them and taken them! Now I have to go to customer service because of you! This is bulls***!” *storms off*

Current Customer: “I don’t think she deserves a refund!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!