Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some (Don’t Really) Like It Hot

, , , | Right | August 12, 2009

(I’m waiting on a table of fourteen in the middle of the lunch rush. The customer I am speaking to is the first order I take at the table.)

Customer: “…oh, and I need some of that spicy salsa y’all have.”

(I tell the customer I’ll get that right out and proceed to take the rest of the table’s order.)

Customer: “I thought I asked you for spicy salsa?”

Me: “I haven’t left the table, sir.”

Customer: “Then how do you expect the salsa to get here? Magic?”

Me: “I was taking the rest of your party’s order, sir. I’ll go get the salsa right now.”

Customer: “And will you find out how long until our food comes out?”

Me: “Sir, I haven’t put in the order yet, because I just finished taking it.”

Customer: “Is this your first day or something?”

Me: “No, sir, I’ve been working here since we opened three years ago.”

(As I am walking back to the kitchen, another table flags me down, ready to order. The same customer gets up from his table and taps me on the shoulder while I am talking to this table.)

Customer: “I don’t know how long I am supposed to wait for the d*** spicy salsa.”

Me: “Sir, as soon as I take this table’s order I will literally walk into the cooler and get you some spicy salsa.”

(I immediately bring him the salsa, and am returning to the computer to put in the orders. He walks across the restaurant and stares at me.)

Me: “Is there a problem, sir?”

Customer: “This salsa is too spicy.”


This story is part of the Spicy roundup!

Read the next Spicy roundup story!

Read the Spicy roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!