Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Customers Are Out Of Line

, , , , , | Right | June 20, 2012

(We have a customer who occasionally comes in who is in a wheelchair. So, to make things easy, he just calls us when he’s in the parking lot and asks for assistance. We come out and take care of getting movies for him. This happens right after I come back in to grab him a movie, and hop back on the register. There is one other person in line.)

Customer: “This is absolute bulls***. Why can’t he just get out of his car like everyone else?!”

Me: “Sorry, guys, but he’s a paraplegic and this would just make things easier on him.”

Customer: “That’s no excuse! He should come in like the rest of us! I want you to take care of me now. I was first in line!”

Me: “With all due respect, no, you weren’t. He called long before you got up to the register, and I’m not gonna make him get out of his car and potentially hurt himself to save you an extra twenty seconds. I will be with you in a second.”

Customer: *shuts up*


This story is included in our Wheelchairs Versus Ableism roundup!

Click here to read the next story!

Click here to go to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!