Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sinfully Delicious, Part 2

, , , , , | Right | April 27, 2011

(I am working as a barista at a coffee shop. Two large hot chocolates total $6.66, which my coworkers and I joke about.)

Me: “Hi. What can I get you?”

Customer: “God be with you.”

Me: “I’m sure He is, ma’am. What can I get you?”

Customer: “Well, you have those vanilla hot chocolates, yes?”

Me: “Yes, in fact, we do.”

Customer: “Oh, wonderful! My dear friend brought me one some time ago, and it was just sinfully good. I have to say it. So, when I saw your shop from the road, I simply had to tell my sister to stop. And so, of course, she must have one, too!”

(I recognise the religious nature of the customers.)

Me: “Would you like anything else with that at all? Uh… these cookies are dirt cheap and really good.”

Customer: “Oh, no. Mustn’t give in to gluttony, the Lord knows.”

Me: “Nothing else at all?”

Customer: “No, thank you.”

Me: “All right, then.”

(I ring them up.)

Me: “That’ll be…” *winces* “$6.66.”

Customer: *going pale* “Pardon?”

Me: *sheepishly* “Your total is $6.66, ma’am.”

(The customer is silent for several moments. She then crosses herself and dashes out.)

Me: *to next customer* “What can I get you?”

Customer #2: “Tell me, do you get any extra brimstone with that deal?”


This story is featured in our Religious Customers roundup!

Click here to read the next story.

Click here to return to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!