Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Unforgivably Good Lesson

| Learning | September 7, 2015

(I’m substituting for a fourth grade teacher. It’s only the second week of school and I’m their first sub, so I’m letting them chat while they work, since they’re not completely back in ‘school mode’ yet. During writing, there is an interesting exchange.)

Boy #1: *points his pencil* “Avada Kedavra!”

Boy #2: *flails his arms and points his pencil* “Avada Kedavra!”

(I stand up and move to the desk, cross my arms, and frown down at the two boys, who continue to throw the words back and forth.)

Me: “Ahem.”

(Once I have both boy’s, and the entire classroom’s attention, I lean forward with a glare.)

Me: “I will NOT have any unforgivable spells being cast in this classroom. Is that understood?”

Boy #1: *lowers pencil* “But it’s the only spell we know.”

Me: “I don’t care. It’s the killing curse and it has no place here.”

Boy #2: *points pencil at his friend* “ALAHAMORA!”

Me: “That’s better. Now get back to work.”

(I returned to the teacher’s desk and tried very, very hard not to giggle through the last half-hour of the job!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!