Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Priorities

, , , , | Right | August 6, 2008

(I work at the call centre for a major tollway which has two long tunnels. One day there is a major accident in the tunnel, with a fuel fire and multiple fatalities, obviously closing it. Twenty minutes later, I receive a call.)

Caller: “They are directing me off the tollway… There weren’t any signs about this.”

Me: “That’s right, there’s been a major accident in the tunnel. However, the police, ambulance, and fire service are all in attendance. The road is closed while they evacuate it.”

Caller: “But there are no signs about it! You always have signs when there’s a closure!”

Me: “If it’s a scheduled closure, we put signs up. Half an hour ago there was a major accident… I believe there has been a fatality. They are currently evacuating the tunnel and no one is able to drive through at the moment.”

Caller: “Half an hour? That means you should have signs up by now!”

Me: “I’m sorry, the maintenance crew who puts up the signs are assisting with the evacuation at the tunnel.”

Caller: “I don’t care about the accident. You should have signs!”

Me: “Tell that to the people trapped in the tunnel. Thanks for your call.”


This story is part of our Even-More-Bad-Drivers roundup!

Read the next Even-More-Bad-Drivers roundup story!

Read the Even-More-Bad-Drivers roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!