Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pride Goeth Before A Rental

, , | Right | February 26, 2008

(I have a reputation of knowing good movies. Some customers get into the habit of just coming in and asking me what they should watch… especially when they want to seem intellectual. One customer is an a** one day so I give him a Russian movie that is slow, boring, and pretentious. He returns the movie about a week later.)

Me: “How’d you like it?”

Customer: “Man, you dropped the ball on this one. It sucked. Took me three nights to get through it. I kept falling asleep. I hate to have to pay this much money for it.”

Me: “Wow, I’m surprised. I don’t recommend it to a lot of people because I don’t think they’ll catch the subtle subtext in the imagery.”

Customer: “Really?”

Me: “Yeah… The meat of the story is really in the shot composition, the use of color, and the things that remain unsaid. It gets past a lot of people but I thought you would have caught that and enjoyed the message.”

Customer: “You know, don’t check that in yet. I’ll take it back and watch it again.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!