Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Precision Pillows

, | Right | February 7, 2008

(On the phone…)

Customer: “Hi, I want to book a room with two beds for tomorrow.”

Me: “Sure thing, sir, lucky for you we’re not busy this weekend and have several rooms available. ”

Customer: “Great, and how many pillows do the beds have?”

Me: “Umm, I think there’s two on each bed.”

Customer: “Can you check?”

Me: “Okay… I’ll just be a moment.”

(I go and check the nearest room’s bed and the next room along to be safe.)

Me: “Yes, two per bed.”

Customer: “So my room will have two pillows on each bed?”

Me: “That’s correct, sir.”

Customer: “I only like one pillow on my bed, can you give me a different room with a bed that only has one pillow on one of the beds?”

Me: “Umm… you could always just take the other pillow off your bed when you go to sleep.”

Customer: “What? No, I want one of the rooms with one less pillow on one bed.”

Me: “Sir, we don’t have rooms with specific numbers of pillows–”

Customer: “–but you have rooms with specific number of beds!”

Me: “Yes… that’s pretty much the norm, sir.”

Customer: “Don’t get smart honey, I want a room with two beds, two pillows on one of them but only one on the other. That’s what I want.”

Me: *sigh* “Okay, sir, I’ll personally remove one of the bed’s pillows before you arrive tomorrow, how’s that?”

Customer: “Good, that works for me. Hang on, are the pillows thick fluffy ones or skinny flat ones? Because if they’re skinny, I’ll just keep both of them.”

Me: “…”


This story is part of our Weird Hotel Guests roundup!

Read the next Weird Hotel Guests roundup story!

Read the Weird Hotel Guests roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!