Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pre(Car)ious Insurance

, , , , | Right | April 2, 2010

(I rent out loaner cars at a luxury car dealership and try to loan similar cars to customers unless they are already booked.)

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but we are out of luxury cars today. I have another vehicle that we can get you going in.”

Customer: “No. I dropped off a luxury car; I should get one as a loaner.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but I don’t have any available right now. This other car is actually very nice, and quite–”

Customer: “I refuse to drive that car! It’s not safe! What if someone crashes into me while I’m driving? There are too many crazies on the road, and I demand a safe car to drive!”

(A luxury loaner vehicle returns unexpectedly and I offer it to the customer.)

Me: “Would you like to purchase the additional coverage on the loaner vehicle in case of an incident?”

Customer: “Of course not! Like anything’s going to happen!”


This story is part of our Flawed Customer Logic roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!


This story is part of the Ignorant-About-Insurance roundup!

Read the next Ignorant-About-Insurance roundup story!

Read the Ignorant-About-Insurance roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!