Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pre-Pre-Pre-School

, , , | Right | February 6, 2009

Me: *on the phone* “Good afternoon, this is [School].”

Caller: “Hi, I need to see if I can get my son into your school?”

Me: “All right, that’s easy. Come over anytime next week, when we’ll be taking applications.”

Caller: “Can you fax it to me?”

Me: “No, I can’t, but you can print it out from our website, along with all the information there. Is that okay?”

Caller: “Yeah…”

Me: “We only accept applicants for 7th through 9th grade from this school district, just to let you know.”

Caller: “Oh, what is your district?”

Me: “[Name] high school district.”

Caller: “Oh, where is that?”

Me: “[Name] and its neighboring cities.”

Caller: “Oh. That’s where we’re moving.”

Me: “You don’t live in the district?”

Caller: “No, we live in New Jersey. We’re going to move to California so my son can go there.”

Me: “Ma’am… I’m afraid that you need to live within the district to put in an application.”

Caller: “Yes, we’re moving there.”

Me: “You need to be in the district when you put in the application.”

Caller: “When are applications due?”

Me: “They’re due the third week of January through the second week of February.”

Caller: “Oh. We’re not moving for a little while.”

Me: “Yes… you need a copy of a gas or electricity bill so we can verify your address is in the district. If I may ask, ma’am, what grade is your son in?”

Caller: “Oh, he doesn’t go to school.”

Me: “…”

Caller: “My son will be one year old in a few weeks!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!