Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Praying For That Lightbulb Moment

| Right | August 29, 2014

(I work at a retail store that generally closes before all the other ones around us. At this moment we have just a few minutes before close and I am back in my department, which is empty, when a customer whom I watched enter just 30 seconds before comes up to me.)

Me: “How can I help you tonight?”

Customer: “I need a lightbulb.”

Me: “Well, that would be in our light—”

Customer: “You don’t understand. I NEED a LIGHTBULB!”

Me: “Ma’am, we don’t have lightbulbs in this department. But if you’ll let me direct you to—”

Customer: “You’ve got to be kidding me. Where are the d*** lightbulbs, kid?!”

(The announcer goes off, saying we are now closed, and I’m trying to be as polite as possible.)

Customer: “F****** people are f****** closed now! You people need to get your s*** together before you f****** close on a paying customer! I’m never coming back here!”

(I tell my coworker about the lady that night. He finds me during my shift the next day.)

Coworker: “Hey, did that lady happen to have [color] hair and a [color] purse with her?”

Me: “Yeah, why?”

Coworker: “She came back this morning. Apparently she knew exactly where they were. And she was very disappointed to discover they weren’t by the gummy worms.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!