Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Party Planner Pooper

| Friendly | July 2, 2014

(My friend and I are having a drink and a catch-up since it’s been a while since we’ve seen each other. A man has been interrupting us, inviting himself into our private conversation and buying us drinks we don’t want, without asking us. We need to get away but we’re afraid of confronting him as we’re both small women in our early twenties and he’s far bigger, older, and has already been extremely threatening to the barmaids. He steps away to the bar for just a second.)

Friend: “We need to get away.”

Me: “I know. I know. Look, leave it to me. I’ve got a plan.”

(The man comes back.)

Me: “Well, it’s one. I’ve got to get back and get ready for that party at [Different Friend]’s.”

Friend: “Oh, right, then.”

(I stand up. My friend waves to me.)

Me: “Aren’t you coming?”

Friend: “I don’t think I was invited. I would’ve heard about this party if I was, right?”

Me: “No, you’re invited but we have to go right now.”

Friend: “Are you sure? Why would a party start in the afternoon? Don’t her parties normally start around seven?”

(She continued to think that this was a real party and questioned me in front of the threatening guy until I’d pulled her out into the street. She’s still embarrassed by the story!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!