Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

One Customer’s Bash Is Another Customer’s Pleasure

| Right | November 20, 2012

Customer: “Do you have the new Oprah book?”

Me: “Probably… what’s it called?”

Customer: “The new Oprah book.”

Me: “I’m sorry, I didn’t catch Oprah. Do you know the title or author?”

Customer: “It’s the one on TV! You should know it!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. I work full-time and don’t get to see the show. Do you happen to know the name of the book?”

Customer: “It’s the one on TV! Oprah!”

Me: “Sorry, do you remember the author’s name? Did she do an interview?”

Customer: “Yes, that guy… oh, I remember!”

Me: “Great, what is the—”

Customer: “Blue!”

Me: “What?”

Customer: “The book is blue.”

Me: “Hmm… is it that blue one in best-sellers behind you there?”

Customer: “No, the one on TV! Why don’t you have it! Why don’t you know what I’m looking for?”

Me: “I work when that show is on, so I don’t really know what you’re looking for.”

Customer: “Ugh! Let me ask my friend.”

(She walks away and comes back ten minutes later with her friend. They each have a copy of ‘Ageless Body, Timeless Mind’ by Deepak Chopra. The cover indeed does have a blue background.)

Me: “Ah ha! You found it! Great!”

Customer: *holding up the book* “It was on TV! You’re the worst employee ever! Why don’t you know what I saw on TV?”

Me: “I don’t know. Sorry. Let’s ring you up.”

(About 30 minutes later, another customer comes up to my register.)

Customer #2: “Do you have that book, um, ‘Strong Body, Strong Life’?”

Me: “Oh, Deepak Chopra? The blue one?” *I show her the now familiar ‘Ageless Body, Timeless Mind’* “Is this what you are looking for? Did you see it on Oprah?”

Customer #2: “Wow, you’re the best employee in the world! How did you know what I was looking for?”

Me: “I don’t know. Let’s ring you up.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!