Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Very Closed Minded, Part 12

| Right | September 28, 2015

(It’s after we’ve closed, and I get an amusing call.)

Me: “Thanks you for calling [Store]. What can I do for you?”

Lady: “Hello. I was in earlier today, and I opened a [Store] card, and they forgot to give me my discount.”

Me: “I’m so sorry. We open at 12 tomorrow and you can come in and get it fixed then.”

Lady: “I live out of town. Is there any way you can fix it now?”

Me: “Well, um…”

Lady: “Can I speak with a manager?”

Me: “Ma’am, we’re closed.”

Lady: “Oh, I’m so sorry.”

Me: “Let me see if I can save you the trip. Our receipts are a little hard to read, and I just want to make sure they forgot your discount before you drive all the way back here. Can you read [certain line] on your receipt for me?”

Lady: *reads it*

Me: “Yeah, it looks like they forgot your discount. I’m so sorry, but you’re going to have to come in tomorrow to get it fixed.”

Lady: “Oh. It was sometime late this afternoon. Does that help you fix it?”

Me: “Well, ma’am, I can’t fix your receipt over the phone, and even if I could, we’re closed.”

Lady: “Oh I’m sorry.” *pauses* “I have the employee’s ID, does that help?”

Me: “Ma’am, I can’t fix your receipt over the phone, and even if I could, we’re closed.”

Lady: “Oh, I’m sorry.” *pauses* “I have the transaction number, does that help?”

Me: “No, and I can’t fix it anyway. We’re closed.”

Lady: “So I have to come back in tomorrow? Are you sure there’s nothing you can do?”

Me: “Yes, I’m sure. We’re closed. Have a nice night!”

(I told my dad (who also works in retail) this story, and he told me that next time, I should tell them that corporate turns the computers off. Apparently that makes more sense to the average customer than “We’re closed.”)

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!