Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Two Bright

, , , | Right | August 3, 2012

(I work in a Mexican restaurant where I host and take to-go orders. We have a special on the menu where you can get a plate of 1-4 items (a dollar more for each item added) starting off at $9.49. A regular calls in her order.)

Me: “Thank you for choosing [Restaurant]. This is [My Name]. How may I help you?”

Customer: “Yes, I want two of your lunch specials. I want two beef tacos on one plate and one beef taco and one beef enchilada on the other plate.”

Me: “Alright, on the first plate did you want two crispy beef tacos or soft?”

Customer: “Uhm, one crispy and one soft.”

Me: “Alright, and on the second plate did you want a soft beef taco or crispy?

Customer: *gets irritated* “UGH! CRISPY!”

Me: “Okie dokie, and what kinda sauce on the enchilada?”

Customer: “Queso. Now, can you repeat my order back so I can make sure you got it right?”

Me: “Yes ma’am, I have a Combo #2 with two beef tacos, one crispy and one soft. Then I have another Combo #2 with one beef crispy taco and one beef enchilada with queso on top.”

Customer: “NO! I said TWO lunch specials!”

Me: *confused* “Yes ma’am, two combos on our lunch menu, right?”

Customer: “NO! I want two crispy beef tacos on one, two soft beef tacos on another, and one beef crispy taco and one beef enchilada on the other!”

Me: “So, you want three lunch specials?”

Customer: “NO! I want TWO!”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, two plates.”

I re-write the order and repeat back her new order. She’s satisfied, so I ring up the three plates as opposed to two.)

Me: “Alrighty, your food should be ready in the next fifteen minutes or so!”

Customer: “Okay!” *hangs up*

(Fifteen minutes later, the customer arrives to pick up her order.)

Customer: “It was just the hardest having you take my order, missy!”

Me: “I’m sorry. You kept saying you wanted two plates when really it was three.”

Customer: “BECAUSE IT IS TWO! GOD!”

Me: “Alright, your total will be [price].”

(She pays, and I hand her her bag.)

Customer: *pulls out the boxes* “SEE?! TWO!” *happily walks out the door*

(The customer was holding three boxes.)


This story is part of the Mexican Restaurant roundup!

Read the next Mexican Restaurant roundup story!

Read the Mexican Restaurant roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!