Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not The Britest Bagel In The Bunch

, , , , | Right | August 7, 2012

(I’m a baker of the store, so I make all the donuts, bagels and muffins three days a week. This particular day I have finished baking and am now working on sandwich station. My hair is often multi-colored, so my coworkers call me ‘Rainbow Brite.’)

Customer: “The girl making sandwiches got this hair in my food.”

Coworker: “Oh, I’m very sorry, ma’am. Let me see that and we’ll remake it for you.”

(The customer hands over a bagel which has a long blond hair sticking out of the cream cheese. My hair is short and currently black with pink/purple bangs. However, the customer’s daughter has long blond hair. Also, we don’t have a single blond girl working at our store—just two blond boys who have buzzcuts.)

Coworker: “Well, ma’am, while this hair didn’t come from her, I’ll have her make it over for you anyways.”

Customer: “Of course it’s her hair! Who else’s hair could it be?! I bet you are just covering for her. Let me speak to the person in charge.”

Coworker: “Rainbow Brite, she wants to talk to you.”

Me: *smiles* “Hi, hun, can I help you with something?”

Customer: “I found this long blond hair in my bagel. Your coworker accused me of lying when I said it came from the girl making sandwiches!”

Me: “Well, ma’am, I can tell you she was telling the truth that the hair didn’t come from the sandwich girl, because that’s me, and my hair is neither blond nor long. However, I can remake your bagel and give you a refund if you would like.”

Customer: “How dare you accuse me of lying?! I demand a refund!”

Me: “Of course, ma’am. Let me make your bagel again.”

(I remake her bagel and give her a refund. As she’s walking out, her daughter speaks.)

Customer’s Daughter: “Mommy, why were you so mean to her? You got my hair in the bagel, not her!”

Customer: *turns bright red and leaves in a hurry*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!