Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Quite On The Money

| Right | February 28, 2014

(The grocery store I work at also sells DVDs for a pretty cheap price. A customer comes up to me, irate.)

Me: “Hi. Can I help you?”

Customer: “Yes! I need to return this movie!”

Me: “Well, I’m not sure we’ll be able to refund you, since it’s been opened. Was the disc scratched or something?”

Customer: “No! The movie was terrible! I can’t believe you would sell me such a horrible movie!”

Me: “Sir, I’m sorry to hear you didn’t like the movie, but we can’t refund you just because you didn’t like it.”

Customer: “Yes, you can! You’ve seen the movie; you know how bad it is! I demand a refund!”

Me: “Sir, I’ve never seen this movie.”

Customer: “Yes, you have!”

Me: *confused, and 100 percent sure I’ve never seen it* “I’m sorry, but I’ve never seen this movie. I’m not a fan of this genre.”

Customer: “YES. YOU. HAVE. You can’t sell movies you haven’t seen, without knowing if they’re any good. It’s the law!”

(At this point my manager has heard the yelling and comes over.)

Manager: “Can I help you, sir?”

Customer: “Yes. This movie was terrible and this girl sold it to me knowing it would be bad, and now she’s claiming she never saw it. You should fire her.”

Manager: “I’m very sorry for the inconvenience, sir. We can refund you this time, but in the future, please be aware that you buy movies at your own risk.”

Customer: “Good. You should take more care hiring your employees. SOME of them like to break the law!”

(She refunds the movie, and hands the man the $3 he paid for it.)

Customer: “What’s this?”

Manager: “It’s your refund.”

Customer: “No way! I paid way more than this. I paid $20!”

(It clearly says ‘$3 movies!’ on the rack behind him, which I point out.)

Customer: “This is bulls***! I demand my full refund! Look, it even says $20 here on my receipt!”

(I take the receipt, find the movie listed, and point out that it clearly says $3. The customer continues trying to argue his case and my manager takes over again.)

Manager: “Okay, sir. I see the problem here. May I have that money back?”

(She proceeds to count the money back into the drawer, and then count it back out again, so it still adds up to $3. Then she hands it back to the customer.)

Manager: “Here you go, sir. I’m very sorry about that. I’ll be sure to have a talk with [My Name] about counting out money correctly. Have a nice day.”

Customer: “Thank you! It’s about time someone knew what they were doing!”

(The customer stalks off, mumbling about how incompetent I am, without noticing that he still only had $3. My manager and I had a pretty good laugh once he was gone!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!