Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No Kidding About The Kid

| Right | February 18, 2013

(A customer is loudly talking on her phone while ignoring her young son. He’s already thrown his jacket to the floor and has run around the store several times, bumping into other customers. Suddenly, the boy grabs a cake server off the shelf and begins waving it around in the air making light-saber noises.)

Me: “Honey, be careful with that. I wouldn’t want to see you get hurt.”

Customer #1: “[Son]!”

(The little boy drops the cake server and then begins stomping around the store once again.)

Customer #1: *to the phone* “So, yeah, these ones have butterflies on them.”

(The little boy seizes this opportunity to run behind the counter and begin messing with the engraving machines. I immediately pick him up and place him next to his mother.)

Me: “Here, honey. Stay with your mom.”

Customer #1: “DON’T TOUCH MY BABY! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!”

Me: “Ma’am, he could have seriously hurt himself. We work with dangerous equipment.”

Customer #1: “I can’t believe you would touch my son! How dare you?!”

(At this point, I’m biting my tongue to keep from telling her off when another customer interjects.)

Customer #2: “Lady, if you would get off the d*** phone and watch your brat, this nice woman wouldn’t have to save his life!”

Customer #1: “I’ll never shop here again!” *to me* “There has to be a law against molesting children like that! I’ll make sure you lose your job for this!” *storms out*


This story is part of the People Who Should Get Off Their Phones roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!