Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No ID, No Idea, Part 22

| Right | August 18, 2015

(I’m at our local grocery store, buying some snacks and alcoholic beverages. The drinking age here is 18, and the store policy is to check the ID of anyone who looks younger than 25. Since I’ve used the same store my entire life, most of the cashiers know me and don’t bother to ID me. The customer behind me, who is also purchasing alcohol, has been glaring at me through the entire transaction. It’s her turn.)

Cashier: “I’ll need to see an ID, please.”

Customer: “Why do you need that?”

Cashier: “Store policy.” *points to sign*

Customer: *points to me* “You didn’t check her ID, and I’m clearly older than her. I’m not even sure she’s legal.”

Cashier: “She is. ID, please.”

Customer: “No! Not until you ID HER.” *glares at me*

Cashier: *sighs and turns to me* “[My Name], may I see an ID, please?”

Me: “Sure.” *hands over my university ID*

Cashier: “Oh, you’re at [University] now? How’s that going?” *hands my ID back*

Me: “It’s great, thanks for asking. Say ‘hi’ to your parents for me.” *I turn to leave*

Cashier: “You too!” *to customer* We’ve known each other since we were six. ID, please.”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!