Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Networking Notworking

| Working | July 28, 2014

(I work at a call center giving out coffee and tea to all the staff. I have one main friend who I hang out with every now and then. One day it came up about my job and why I can’t help but be so cheerful and happy all the time.)

Coworker: “Just wondering, how much do you earn working here?”

Me: “I’m on salary; I get just over £28K.”

Coworker: *long pause* “Twenty eight grand?”

Me: “Yes, mate. With this new pay rise it will be £30K at the end of the month.”

Coworker: “I just about pull in two thirds that amount including commission. How on earth does a coffee boy make that much money?”

Me: “I’m a qualified networks engineer and was hired to maintain the networks for the building. On my first day I was greeted by the company owner who immediately got me making the coffees. I have been here three years and he gives such high performance marks that HR gives me pay rises.”

Coworker: “And you did not even think to tell the owner there was a mistake?”

Me: “If you were me, would you?”

Coworker: *long pause, then a wink* “You’re running low on biscuits.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!