Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #28063

Unfiltered | April 9, 2016

(I’m out grocery shopping when this happens. I’m a vegetarian , but on top of that, I’m also incredibly picky about food and I absolutely hate cooking. Because of this, my diet mostly consists of raw vegetables , fruits, and nuts, as well as a plethora of vitamins to make up for the food I don’t eat. I’m about to check out when I notice another shopper glancing into my cart.)

Him (jokingly): What, no meat?

Me: Ha, no, I’m a vegetarian.

Him (suddenly angry): Oh, I get it, you must be one of those tree huggers. Ridiculous.

Me: Actually , no, I just don’t like meat very much. I don’t really care whether or not other people eat it.

Him: Excuse me? You’re in America, how do you just not like meat?

Me: Er….

Him: Here in America, we eat REAL food. REAL Americans eat meat and fries and s***. What are you, an immigrant? People like you are the reason this country is going to hell in a hand basket! Go back to wherever you came from!

Me: Yes, and Americans also are the fattest, most unhealthy people in the world. I’m sorry that my food choices offend you, but the real reason this country is going to hell, as you say, is because of rude, intrusive people such as yourself. Excuse me.

(I leave the fuming man behind to check out. At the register, another customer is staring curiously at my purchases, but I ignore her and try to leave as quickly as possible. In the parking lot, she catches up to me.)

Her: Excuse me, miss, but I couldn’t help but notice what you were buying. You don’t have to be ashamed, there are people who can help you. You don’t have to live in fear of food! I’m an eating disorder specialist, take my card and call when you’re ready to take charge of your life! (she hands me her card and bustles away).

(And that was the day I realized just how nosy strangers can be!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!