Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs A Stark Explanation

| Right | October 3, 2015

(I work at a small movie theater, selling tickets. We are on a slow day one month before the first “Iron Man” movie’s theatrical release. A tired looking man in his 50s shows up at the register.)

Me: “Hello, sir, how can I help you today?”

Man: *Looking right thru me*Iron Man!”

Me: “Oh, you want to see the upcoming Iron Man movie? I am sorry but this title will only be released next mo…”

Man: “Iron Man!”

Me: “I am sorry, sir, but you may be too early to see Iron Man. This movie is not released in France yet. It isn’t even scheduled for now. The movies planned today are…”

Man: “WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG? I WANT TO SEE IRON MAN!”

(At this point, I don’t know if I am upset or amused by this ridiculous situation.)

Me: “Again, sorry, sir. This title will not be screened before next month.”

Man: “I want to see Iron Man!”

Me: “Yes, you stated that clearly.”

(For half a minute, we stare at each other awkwardly.)

Man: “How many for Iron Man?”

Me: *exasperated* “I CANNOT sell you tickets for a show that IS NOT scheduled yet.”

(My manager, working in a room nearby, must have heard me raise my voice. He stormed out of his office and takes me away from the register.)

Manager: *quietly to me* “You must inform and serve the customer with respect. Go on break. I take care of him”

Me: “Seriously…”

Manager: *To the customer* “Sorry about that. How can I help you?”

Man: “Iron Man!”

(I decided to take my “break” in the room nearby. I heard my manager struggling to explain over and over again that Iron Man was not screened today. The customer finally left and my confused manager apologized to me.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!