Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Naturally Stupid, Part 2

, , , , , | Right | July 21, 2010

Caller: “I can’t access [Cable Channel]!”

Me: “Okay, let me assess your problem. When was the last time you tried to access [Channel]?”

Caller: “It was last night.”

Me: “All right, was there any out-of-the-ordinary weather last night? Say, like a storm?”

Caller: “Yeah, there was a thunderstorm. I had nothing to do, so I was trying to watch [Channel], but it wouldn’t let me! It was all fuzzy on the screen.”

Me: “Sir, I think the thunderstorm interfered with your television power lines, which is why you couldn’t access your channel.”

Caller: “But I thought your cable company was supposed to make me able to watch any channel in any weather! That’s the whole reason I switched!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, nothing can prevent Mother Nature. When she strikes, we cannot do anything to bring back channels that may have been lost momentarily.”

Caller: “Who’s ‘Mother Nature’? Is she the one sabotaging my TV?!”


This story is part of our Customers Versus Mother Nature roundup!

Read the next Mother Nature roundup story!

Read the Mother Nature roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!