Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Mega Moochers, Inc.

, , , , | Right | May 2, 2008

(We are a specialist inspection company. Over two years ago, we did a job at short notice for another company that could not supply the service. They refused to pay us the $40,000 fee despite getting paid by the client (and making a decent profit) and we are in the process of taking them to court to get payment. They are making the matter even more drawn out than normal by messing the court about, not turning up, etc. I get a phone call from their operations manager.)

Customer: “Ah, Mr. [My Name], we need you to do an urgent job for us.”

Me: “…but you still owe us $40,000 from the last job we did for you.”

Customer: “What about the good relationship between our companies?”

Me: “We don’t have a good relationship. We are taking you to court over this, remember?”

Customer: “Please, Mr. [My Name], that is all in the past. Can we not work together, for the good of the relationship?”

Me: “The last time I saw you, you lied to me. Your manager has only ever lied to me. You owe us $40,000. We are taking you to court. How can we have a good relationship?”

Customer: “We must work together, to build a good relationship.”

Me: “What about our money?”

Customer: “You are always going on about the money! Why can’t we have a good relationship?”

Me: “It’s not going to happen.”

Customer: “See, that is why we need a good relationship!”

Me: “Goodbye.”

Customer: “But what ab–” *click*


This story is part of the Artists-Versus-Clients roundup!

Read the next Artists-Versus-Clients roundup story!

Read the Artists-Versus-Clients roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!