Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Mayonnaise Squirted, Disaster Averted

| Right | September 19, 2012

(A girl comes into our sandwich shop asking if we are hiring. I explain how to apply online, so she leaves a copy of a resume, thanks me, and leaves. 10 minutes later, the same girl reenters the store and orders a sub. My coworker serves her, but I overhear the entire exchange.)

Girl: “I want [sandwich] on wheat bread; a 6-inch. Put mayo on the bread.”

(The girl’s requests grow increasingly complex. She asks for an extra of everything, including a total of four requests for more mayo on the sub. By the end, there is probably half a bottle of mayo on the 6-inch sub. My coworker goes to close up and wrap the sandwich.)

Girl: “Hey, don’t you think that sandwich looks messy? I don’t want to eat that. Make me another one.”

Coworker: “Ma’am, I made this sub exactly to your specifications. You asked for double veggies and 10 times the regular amount of sauce. If I remake your sub, the new one will look exactly like this, so I’m afraid can’t keep wasting product like that. We would be happy to give you extra napkins, though.”

Girl: “This is ridiculous! I don’t want to eat that ugly a** sub! MAKE ME A NEW ONE, D*** IT!”

(The girl storms out in a huff. Having recognized her as the same girl from earlier in the day, I immediately tore up her resume.)

Me: *to my coworker* “If she’s that rude when she’s asking for a job, imagine how bad it would be if she was an employee.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!