Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Loonie Over A Toonie, Part 2

| Right | December 28, 2012

Me: “Alright, that’ll be $26.17, please.”

Customer: “Do you accept American money here?”

Me: “We sure do. And, just so you know, the exchange rate right now is even at 1.00.”

(I finish counting out the change and hand it to the customer along with her receipt.)

Me: “Your change is $23.83. Enjoy the rest of the day!”

(She stands beside my till looking confusedly at her hand for a few seconds.)

Me: “Is there something else I can help you with?”

Customer: “What is this?!”

Me: “That’s your change, ma’am.”

Customer: “Why would I want this?! Why don’t I get American change back? I’m an American!”

Me: “Unfortunately, ma’am, you are in Canada. We don’t carry American change on the tills.”

Customer: *hesitantly* “But Canada is practically a part of the States, isn’t it?”

Me: “No, ma’am, it’s not. If you have any more questions, my supervisor at the service desk will be happy to help. You have a nice day.”

(She moves off to the end of my till, slowly puts away the money, and wanders off.)

Next Customer: *jokingly* “That definitely made my day. Do you get those types here often?”

Me: “You have no idea.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!