Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Long Shifts Can Make You Crackers

| Right | March 6, 2013

(I am fairly new at running the fitting room, which consists of answering the phone and unlocking the fitting room doors so people can try on clothes. Today has been particularly stressful as all five lines are ringing, and I have a crowd waiting to try things on. Finally, I get the phones answered and people into the rooms. One woman is waiting for her husband to try on pants.)

Wife: “Long day?”

Me: “Yeah, this is the first time I’ve been alone on the phones at a busy time.”

Wife: “You look a little pale and shaky. Are you feeling okay?”

Me: “I forgot to eat before I came in. When my coworker gets back I get to go on break, though.”

Wife: “Want me to buy you a pack of crackers or something?”

Me: *stunned* “Oh, it’s fine! Thank you so much, but I’m okay!”

(She continues to offer while I decline. Her husband makes the same offer when he comes out, having heard the conversation. I decline again as my coworker comes back. I bought myself something to eat, but I was so touched by their generosity!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!