Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Liar, Liar, Hands On Fire

| Working | April 21, 2013

(My brother has recently bought a George Foreman grill. However, it doesn’t seem to heat up sufficiently, so my mother and I bring it in to return it. We show it to the cashier, who plugs it in and places their hand on it. Surprisingly, they pull their hand away in shock.)

Cashier: “AH! See! It is absolutely burning!” *touches it again and yelps*

My Mother: “Are you kidding me? Really?!” *puts full palm on grill*

Cashier: “What are you doing?! You’re going to burn yourself!”

(My mom leaves her hand on the grill for a good twenty seconds. It’s obviously not hot.)

My Mother: “See? It’s clearly faulty and I wish to return it, please.”

(This goes on for a while, with my mother able to touch it for a full minute, while the cashier pretends that it is too hot. Eventually, the manager walks over.)

Manager: “What seems to be the problem?”

My Mother: “I’m trying to return this faulty grill, but she is saying it isn’t faulty.”

Manager: *puts hand on grill* “Has this been plugged in for long?”

My Mother: “Nearly five minutes now.”

Manager: “This is clearly faulty.” *to cashier* “Why are you saying it isn’t?”

Cashier: “The returns are hard!”

(We got our refund in the end.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!