Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Hug Drunk Love

, , , , , | Friendly | April 29, 2015

(I’m 22 and have recently enrolled in college after dropping out of high school at age 16. Whilst I wasn’t good at making friends or attracting girls when I was 16, at 22 I’ve grown up enough to work out how to do both quite well. One of my new friends has spent the last few weeks seriously crushing on one of the girls in class. However, his awkwardness has managed to scare her off more than anything. I’m sitting in class one day and the girl comes in, sees me, and for no reason gives me a big hug.)

Me: “What was that for?”

Girl: “You looked like you needed a hug and I wanted to give you one.”

Me: “Aww, thanks. I do feel better now.”

(She gives me a second big hug and goes back to her seat. I look across the desk and see my friend with a look on his face of utter confusion.)

Friend: “I don’t get it. I say all the nice stuff and offer to buy her lunch and I can’t get a hug… You sit there looking a little sad and girls just hug you… How do you do it?”

Me: “Well… first off, you spend the next two years getting nowhere with girls. Then you turn 18 and go to a bar and realize that you can talk to girls if you’re a little drunk… Then, after remembering enough of the things you said during those times, you start to realize that it’s as simple as just talking to them like you would any other person.”

Friend: “I see… So, you’re saying that I just need to be normal.”

Me: “No. You need to get drunk.”


This story is part of our Making Friends roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

15 Stories About The Power Of Best Friends

 

Read the next Making Friends roundup story!

Read the Making Friends roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!