Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Make Artsy, You Make Fartsy

| Learning | June 24, 2016

(Our normal art teacher is out on maternity leave, and her replacement is the worst art teacher I’ve ever had. She’s decided to do a manga unit, which is cool, but she has no idea what she’s doing as she’s never drawn manga before and instructs through bad YouTube videos that don’t even have correct instructions. However, I have experience in the subject.)

Me: *begins to ink my drawing before erasing the pencil lines then coloring*

Classmate: “Why are you doing it that way? The video said to color first, then ink.”

Me: “That’s not how you’re supposed to do it. If you don’t erase the pencil, it will muddy up the marker colors. So you ink first.”

Classmate: “Oh, that looks much better! You’re good at this.”

(I thank him and the rest of my classmates at my table do it my way. My art teacher walks over and sees this.)

Teacher: “[My Name]! Were you not watching the video? That’s not how it’s supposed to be done.”

Me: “I don’t think the video—”

Teacher: “And you’re making the rest of your classmates do it wrong, too? What a shame! Either you do it like I said, or you don’t do it at all.”

(I don’t listen and still make my drawing like I know how to. It comes out great, but she still gave me a failing grade on it because it wasn’t done according to her — well, the video’s — instructions.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!