Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

JFMAMJJASOND

, , , | Right | November 4, 2011

(It’s July 1st, so I am running the system to send the bills to all clients, as usual. I get a caller sounding very stressed.)

Caller: “Hi there. About the bill you just sent us: the due date is July 30th, but we are willing to pay this already tomorrow. Could you please change the due date for me?”

Me: “Good morning, sir. About the due date, there’s no problem to pay it tomorrow. You have 29 days left to pay it. Feel free to do it any time before the due date.”

Caller: “Yes, but I don’t wanna pay any taxes over this due to delays. So, could you please change the due date for tomorrow instead?”

Me: “Sir, you can easily proceed with the payment tomorrow with no further taxes. The reason why the due date is set as the last day in the month is so that you can pay it anytime you want. So, feel free to do it any day before day thirty.”

Caller: *raised voice* “Do you just not understand? Today, it’s day one and your stupid financial department has set a due date that has already passed! Your company hires the stupidest people!”

Me: “Sir, could you please tell me what month is now?”

Caller: *long pause* “Hmm…”

Me: “You are aware that month number 07 is July, not June?”

Caller: *click*

Me: “Sir?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!