Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Jacket Of All Trades

, , | Right | February 16, 2012

(For a small period of time during training for a new job, I worked 2nd shift at a chain hotel, then immediately worked 3rd shift at my new job at a four-star hotel. A guest returns to my desk a few minutes after checking in at the chain hotel.)

Guest: “This hotel is not acceptable! My room looks nothing like I saw on the website! There’s no way I’m staying here!”

Me: “I’m sorry we don’t meet your standards, ma’am. I would be glad to check you out at no fee.”

Guest: “Good! I’m going to find a place to stay that’s actually acceptable!”

(She storms off. Later that evening, I go to my 3rd shift job. All I need to do is put on a suit jacket over the shirt and tie I have on for the 1st job. Skip ahead to about 6:30 AM the next morning. The same guest approaches me at the front desk of the four-star hotel.)

Guest: *without recognizing me* “Checking out.”

Me: “You made the right choice, ma’am.”

Guest: “Excuse me?”

(I open my suit jacket a bit to show her the name tag I still have on underneath, from the first hotel, clearly displaying its logo.)

Me: “I hope everything was better for you here instead, ma’am. I prefer it more, too.”

Guest: *clearly embarrassed* “Oh, yeah, it was. Thanks.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!