Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Issues Of Trust To Leave You Bust

| Right | October 30, 2012

(As a supervisor for a major cell phone company, I am often the last rung on the ladder people get when angry and demanding assistance above the person they are speaking with. My employee who handles angry customers first calls me, somewhat frustrated, stating the customer has been very demanding and uncooperative. I take over.)

Customer: “I don’t know why this is so f***ing hard. I just need my info about my plan. Aren’t you people smarter than this?”

Me: “I am certainly happy to assist with your plan info. I just need your phone number to look up your account.”

Customer: “That’s what I mean. I can’t give you that. How do I know you are who you say you are? You could be any bum off the street.”

Me: “I’m sorry you feel that way. I’m a little confused, though. I mean, you called us. You dialed the number for [company name]. Why would you think I didn’t work for [company name]?”

Customer: “Man, they have computers that can read your mind and steal your ATM numbers. This is crap. Just tell me what plan I have.”

Me: “Have you tried checking that info through the phone itself? It gives you a complete breakdown of all the—”

Customer: “Are you listening to me? I don’t trust anything I see on the internet. It’s all lies and unicorns.”

Me: “Um…”

Customer: “Just tell me what plan you have me set up on. I don’t have time for this.”

Me: “I need your device ID or—”

Customer: “This is ridiculous!”

Me: “We have millions of customers. You didn’t call from the phone, or the info would have come up. You could be any of [company name]’s customers. I really want to help you.”

Customer: “Well, I’m not one of [company name]’s customers.”

Me: “Beg your pardon?”

Customer: “I don’t trust you guys. I’m with… someone else.”

Me: “You have service with another company?”

Customer: “Right?”

Me: “Which company?”

Customer: “See? What are you? Stupid? I’m not telling you s***!”

Me: “So, you don’t have service with [company name]? At all?”

Customer: “Right.”

Me: “And… uh… you called us to help you with info about your account with one of our competitors?”

Customer: “Yeah.”

Me: “I’m sorry but I can’t possibly help you with that. I can only help with our own customers. I don’t have access to-”

Customer: “I don’t trust those a**holes. You aren’t going to help me either.”

Me: “I mean, sorry, but I’m not able to. I want to help you, but you haven’t really put me in a position to-”

Customer: “I knew it! F*** you! You all suck!” *hangs up*

Me: *speechless*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!