Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

In Defence Of Common Sense

| Right | September 24, 2012

Customer: “Yeah, this phone still powers on, but the flip part of the screen has been ripped off. Can you pull the contacts off and put them on my new phone? I’m not a customer with your company though.”

Me: “That’s okay. Well, sometimes if the device is still operational I might be able to access the contacts transfer even without the screen. I’ll try my best.”

Customer: “I NEED these contacts. I’m desperate.”

Me: “I understand how frustrating this is for you. We charge $15 to do the transfer. But if it doesn’t work, I wont charge you anything at all.”

Customer: “What? You’re not going to do it for free?”

Me: “No, sir, I have to charge a fee for my time and services.”

Customer: “That’s bulls***! You should do it for free!”

Me: “Right, and what do you do for a living, sir?”

Customer: “I make fences.”

Me: “Awesome! Is it cool if I swing by after work and get you to build me a fence for my puppy who likes to play in my backyard? Of course, I can’t pay you, so can you do it for free?”

Customer: “What?! No! I don’t work for free.”

Me: “Yeah, neither do I.”

Customer: *lightbulb goes on*

(I transferred his contacts, and yes, he paid the service charge.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!