Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Beginning To Scream A Lot Like Christmas

| Romantic | November 28, 2011

(My boyfriend and I are pretty serious, even though we’ve been together for less than a year. We’re also notorious for being very open and honest with the stage of our relationship. I’m talking to a friend on the phone, who is one of those girls who gets way ahead of herself.)

Me: “So, [Boyfriend] and I were talking. I mentioned that I got him his Christmas present, and now he’s impatient.”

Friend: “Oooh! I can’t wait until he gets it! Do you know what he got you?”

Me: “Well, he said he’s thinking about it.”

Friend: “Diamonds!” *laughs*

Me: “Oh yeah… last night, he starts talking about this ring–”

(Suddenly, my friend screams so loud through the phone that my boyfriend can hear across the room.)

Friend: “OH MY GOD! He’s going to propose for Christmas! OH MY GOD!”

(She continues screaming hysterically for an entire five minutes, with me trying to get her to pay attention to me. Finally, she calms down.)

Friend: “I’m sorry, I have to go. This is just too sappy for me right now. Love you.” *hangs up*

(I turn to look at my boyfriend with a confused look on my face.)

Boyfriend: “What did you do?!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!