Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If He Continues He’s Likely To Lose Another 21 Grams

, , , | Right | April 20, 2011

(I am used to this very specific customer’s order by now.)

Me: “Hello! Can I take your order, sir?”

Customer: “I will have a half-decaf, extra-large, one pump of sugar-free vanilla, nonfat, 180-degrees, 235-gram cappuccino. And a scone.”

Me: “Here you go, sir. Half-decaf, extra-large, one pump sugar-free vanilla, nonfat, 180-degrees, 235-gram cappuccino.”

Customer: “Weigh it.”

Me: “I did weigh it, sir.”

Customer: “Again.”

(I weigh it again. The scale comes out to 236 grams, because it measures in units of 2.)

Customer: “It’s over. Remake it.”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Customer: “Remake it! And I want a free drink for you wasting my time!”

(The drink is remade three more times. Once for being two degrees off, and once for being one gram less. The manager then has to explain that the scale measures in units of 2.)

Me: “Here’s your drink, sir.”

Customer: “Finally! It’s amazing you all don’t get fired for incompetence!”

(The customer then goes and adds cold milk at the bar.)


This story is part of the Obnoxious-Coffee-Orders roundup!

Read the next Obnoxious-Coffee-Orders roundup story!

Read the Obnoxious-Coffee-Orders roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!